I have worked at a fast food store. One day, a customer left a hamburger that
was not even half eaten. After that, I threw the hamburger into the garbage. Whenever
I throw away some foods, I’m tormented by a sense of guilt. That disappointing thing is very
rarely, but I can’t understand about people who leave some foods unconcernedly.
Do you eat all dishes every meals? I have tried not at all to leave since I was
very young. When I had tried to leave some foods because I don’t like them, my mother
told me. “There are many children who want to eat but can’t in the world, so try to eat
everything.” Even young I who didn’t have knowledge about poverty of the world, have
noticed that is just selfishness if I compare to people who can’t eat easily. Also, since I
have been told by mother I have become person who eats foods completely. However it
happens that whenever I have to leave some foods by reason of fullness. I have most
trouble at that moment. When I think if there are people who can keep living with
eating food which is left by me, my chest feels tight more. In that case, everyone must
feel sorry. Of course, that is not only for food, but also people who can’t eat fully, a
farmer and a fisherman who bring us many foods, and our father and mother.
Eating is living. Before we have a meal, Japanese say, “Itadakimasu.” That is
A word for taking foods word. However this word is not only starting word to eat. This
word means that taking foods is taking others’ lives. Therefore when we take meal, we
must be thankful for others’ lives which make us keep living, a farmer and a fisherman
who bring us many foods, and our father and mother. Therefore we shouldn’t waste
foods.
In Japan, there are some phrases. “If you leave even one grain of rice, you will
be punished by God.” “On no account waste a grain of rice. It is crystallization of
farmers’ tears and sweats.” “There are 6 Gods in straw rice –bag.” Rice is history and
traditional culture for Japan. These phrases are born from making rice value. This is a
reprimand that we think that hardship of farmers who make rice for us, and we have
to take rice importantly. In my opinion, a person who can’t value even a grain of rice
can’t value anything.
We have some troubles which are poverty of the world and rising price of food.
In that case, for sure, I want to say, first thing that we can do any is take all blessing in
front of us thankfully. Please value food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment